Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is a legally defined process designed to minimise impacts of development proposals on our natural, cultural and social environment. It has been incorporated into UK Law through the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011 (available from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/1824/introduction/made). The result of the EIA process is documented in the Environmental Statement (ES). The Government has centralised basic information about EIA under https://www.gov.uk/environmental-impact-assessments.
Covering Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and the rest of the UK, CEC’s Landscape Architects can provide EIA project management, co-ordination and compilation services, including screening and scoping reports, compiling teams to produce the various sections of the ES (requires a number of technical specialists depending scope), co-ordinating team input and pulling together and submitting Environmental Statements as part of planning applications. We can also contribute to EIA projects by preparing the technical inputs for ecology and landscape and visual issues. In summary, our services include:
- Screening and Scoping Reports and liaison with the planning authority
- Full EIA project management including compilation and co-ordination of a team of technical specialists in co-operation with the planning consultant of a project
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) to contribute to an EIA / ES
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) to contribute to an EIA / ES
- Mitigation strategies and monitoring proposals to accompany an ES
Please call us on 01872 245510 or use our enquiry form for more information.
Back to Landscape Architecture