Arboricultural Consultancy Services
Trees on a site are a special and important resource often contributing greatly to the amenity and value of a site. It is proven that mature trees in a development increase house prices and improve negative climate effects caused by development. Mature trees have to grow for many years to achieve their size and associated benefits, and can be damaged easily for example by construction activity. This can result in loss or reduction in the benefits provided. Trees are an asset for a development and if an arboricultural consultant is involved from early project stages to advise and input, they can be successfully integrated into it.
At CEC, we deliver a wide range of arboricultural consultancy services ranging from development related BS5837:2005 tree surveys and assessments, to safety and amenity surveys as well as assisting in the discharge of planning conditions. We can advice on tree protection measures and management requirements to ensure tree stock is preserved in favourable state for many years to come.
Our work ethos is based on co-operation and innovation, looking for solutions to tree related issues that can result in real benefits to the client and are feasible in the long-term, whilst still achieving viable schemes.
The list below provides some more detail on the range of services available:
- Tree surveys to BS5837
- Tree Constraints Plans (TCP) to BS5837
- Arboricultural Implications Assessments (AIA) to BS 5837
- Tree Protection Plan (TPP) to BS5837
- Arboricultural Method Statements
- Tree removal and tree works schedules and sourcing of tree surgeons
- Tree planting and mitigation proposals
- Tree surveys for amenity and landscape value
- Tree surveys for safety and management reasons
- Construction details for proposals within Root Protection Areas (RPA) such as no-dig and permeable surfaces
- Construction details and advice for urban tree planting
- Discharge of planning conditions for trees, for example tree protection fencing alignments and method statements
- Working with design teams including planners and architects to incorporate tree constraints into layouts and proposals successfully
Our ecology team can in addition provide ecological tree surveys and advice on veteran trees.
Back to Home page
(photos kindly supplied by A Howie)